Our services are shaped by the mission statement and our ethical standards:
- We value parents’ and families’ appropriate involvement in, and support for, their students’ collegiate experience at Colorado State University.
- We value students’ freedom of choice and decision making.
- We serve as active partners with students and their families in guiding and empowering students in their decision making.
- We are committed to helping students become assertive, responsible, educated, productive, and respectful global citizens.
- We collaborate with others to create educational environments that foster holistic student development.
- We actively promote programs and services that demonstrate our value and respect for human worth, dignity, and diversity.
- We maintain confidentiality and honor privacy, while abiding by legal and university regulations and requirements regarding student records.
- We value life-long learning and development for students, their families, the University community and ourselves.
- We actively use assessment to inform and improve our work with students and their families.
- We are responsible to students, their families, and the Colorado State University community.
Concepts of this document were adapted from: CAS Statement of Shared Ethical Principles, NASPA Ethical Principles & Practice, and ACPA Ethical Principles & Standards